- Use the Library
- Library Card
Discover the incredible benefits that come with your CCPL library card. Check out materials from any one of our locations, reserve a meeting room, use a computer, access online materials. You can also access the library’s Research Databases. Learn a language with Transparent Language, learn about your genealogy, or explore a new skill with Universal Class. Check out our Stream and Download page to explore audiobooks, e-books, digital magazines, movies and videos, music and more!
Who Can Get a Card?
Wondering if you're eligible for a CCPL library card? Join us and become part of our vibrant library community. All residents of Chesterfield County and the following surrounding areas are eligible for a library card.
Requirements for Getting a Card
What you need to obtain a CCPL library card?
- Proof of current address (mail, lease, bank statements, etc.)
- Photo ID
- Completed application (can be completed online or in-person at any library location)
Cards for Children: Igniting a Love for Reading and Learning
Encourage your child's love for reading and learning by obtaining a library card for them. Learn about the special services, programs, and collections available to our youngest community members.
- Children 13 and under need a parent or guardian present to get a card.
- Teens 14 and older can get a card without a parent, photo ID required.
Visitors to Chesterfield County: Accessing Our Library Services
If you're visiting Chesterfield County, you can still take advantage of our library services. Find out how to obtain a temporary library card and make the most of your stay.
If you live outside of the areas listed above, you may obtain a Computer Use Only card or an Annual Fee card.
- CCPL Computer Use Only cards, with no borrowing privileges, are provided for visitors from outside of the region for computer and material use inside the library.
- CCPL Annual Fee cards offer full access to its materials and services for residents of localities outside of the region for an annual fee of $28 per year. Annual Fee cards must be renewed annually.
Apply for Your Library Card Online
Submit an application for an online library card.
Get or Reset Your Library Card PIN
Have you forgotten your library card PIN? Need to set up a new one? Find out how to get or reset your PIN and ensure seamless access to library materials and services.
Get a PIN
- Visit Account Login.
- Enter your library card number in the appropriate fields.
- Leave the PIN field blank and click "submit."
- A window will pop up, allowing you to create a PIN for your account.
Reset Your PIN
- Visit Account Login.
- Select the "Forget Your PIN?" and follow the instructions.
- An email will be sent to the email address on your library account.
- If you are having problems accessing your email account, please call 804-751-CCPL (2275).
Change Your PIN
- Visit Account Login and log in to your account.
- Select "change PIN" on the "Personal Information" Tab and follow the instructions on the page.
Renewing Your Card: Keeping the Benefits Alive
Ensure uninterrupted access to library materials and services by renewing your CCPL library card.
Library cards must be renewed every two years. To renew your card, visit or call us at 804-751-CCPL (2275). Please confirm your contact information and clear any account balances.
Lost Card: What to Do
Misplaced your library card? Don't worry, we've got you covered. If you lose your library card, visit any CCPL location or call us at 804-751-CCPL (2275). A $1 fee will be charged for a replacement.