With a Chesterfield County Public Library card, you can check out materials from any one of our ten locations, reserve a meeting room, use a computer, access multiple electronic resources and downloadable materials, such as:
- TV shows
Get Your Library Card
Visit any CCPL library and bring:
- Proof of current address
- Photo ID
- Completed application (applications are also available at any library)
Cards for Children
- Children 13 and under need a parent or guardian present to get a card.
- Teens 14 and older can get a card without a parent, but will still need a photo ID.
- Charles City
- Colonial Heights
- Goochland @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- King and Queen
- King William @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- New Kent
- Prince George
- Richmond (City) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Visitors to Chesterfield County
If you live outside of the areas listed above, you may obtain a Computer Use Only card or an Annual Fee card.
CCPL Computer Use Only cards, with no borrowing privileges, are provided for visitors from outside of the region for computer and material use inside the libraries.
CCPL Annual Fee cards offer full access to its materials and services for residents of localities outside of the region for an annual fee of $28 per year. Annual Fee cards are renewed annually.
Renewing Your Card
Library cards are renewed every two years. To renew your card, visit or call your local library. Please confirm your contact information and clear any account balances.
If you lose your library card, a $1 fee will be charged for a replacement.