Loan Rules / Fines
|Loan Period||Item Type||Overdue Charges|
|42 days||Book Club Bags||$1.00 per day|
|21 days||Books / Audiobooks / Too Hot To Hold Items||$0.10 per day|
|21 days||E-books / Digital Audiobooks||no charge|
|21 days||F.U.N. Grant Game Kit and Trunks||$0.10 per day|
|21 days||Music CDs||$0.10 per day|
|21 days||Smithsonian Human Origins Trunk (not available due to COVID-19)||$1.00 per day|
|21 days||Toys||$0.10 per day|
|21 days||Ukuleles||$0.10 per day|
|21 days||War or History Traveling Trunks (not available due to COVID-19)||$0.10 per day|
|7 days||DVDs||$1.00 per day|
|7 days||Power Monitors/Watt-hour Meters||$1.00 per day|
|7 days||Rock 'n' Roll Mole Kit||$1.00 per day|
|7 days||Virginia State Parks Passes||$1.00 per day|
Borrowing Physical Materials
- Present your library card or photo ID to borrow materials.
- Borrow up to 30 items at one time, including up to 10 DVDs.
- Renew eligible materials up to three times, as long as no one is waiting.
- Have up to 15 items on hold at any time.
- Receive email notifications when items are ready for pickup.
- Items are due by close of business on the day they are due. Items returned overnight are credited the next business day.
Borrowing Digital Materials
Digital materials, such as e-books, digital audiobooks, and digital magazines have no fines. Most items return themselves at the end of the loan period. For specifics, please visit the Stream & Download page.
If a library item has been damaged during the time you’ve checked it out, you may be charged for the replacement of the item. All replacement costs include the cost of the item plus a $5.00 processing fee. You may call (804)751-CCPL (2275) or visit your nearest location to discuss the replacement cost of the item or questions you may have, and a staff member will be happy to help you.