Loan Rules / Fines
Borrowing Physical Materials
- Present your library card or photo ID to borrow materials.
- Borrow up to 30 items at one time, including up to 10 DVDs.
- Renew eligible materials up to three times, as long as no one is waiting.
- Have up to 15 items on reserve at any time.
- Receive email notifications when items are ready for pickup.
- Items are due by close of business on the day they are due. Items returned overnight are credited the next business day
Borrowing Digital Materials
Digital materials, such as e-books, digital audiobooks, and digital magazines have no fines. Most items return themselves at the end of the loan period. For specifics, please visit the Stream & Download page.
Items may be returned to any Chesterfield County Public Library location. Outside book returns are available at all locations. Materials returned after hours are credited to the next business day. Drive-up book returns are available at the following libraries: Enon, Ettrick-Matoaca, LaPrade and North Courthouse Road.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Overdue Charges|
|Book Club Bags||42 days||$1.00 per day|
|Books / Audiobooks||28 days||$0.10 per day|
|CDs||28 days||$0.10 per day|
|Magazines||28 days||$0.10 per day|
|Toys||28 days||$0.10 per day|
|Too Hot to Hold Items / Bestsellers||14 days||$0.10 per day|
|DVDs||7 days||$1.00 per day|
|Virginia State Parks Backpacks||7 days||$1.00 per day|