Meeting Space Guidelines
Library meeting rooms are available only to existing community organizations. Under Library policy, to be considered a community organization, all members of the organization must:
- Live in Chesterfield County or in an adjoining locality that has an interjurisdictional library agreement, or
- Have an office located in Chesterfield County or an adjoining locality.
The community organization must demonstrate that it has an established institutional structure, membership sufficient to sustain the structure, and members who regularly meet in the area. If an organization does not meet these criteria, it is not eligible to reserve Chesterfield County Public Library meeting room space.
Meetings and events which take place in the library are free and open to the public.
- Commercial sales activity and fundraising are not permitted.
- Activities in the meeting spaces must comply with library policies and etiquette.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed. No tobacco products may be used. Users of the library shall not violate any Federal, State or County laws or regulations.
Any publicity about meetings and events should clearly state that Chesterfield County and the Chesterfield County Public Library are not sponsors of the event.
Room Capacity & Attendance
Attendance should not exceed the room’s recommended capacity.
- Please take room capacity into account when planning events.
- The Library reserves the right to assign the particular meeting space where a meeting will take place. Library and county sponsored activities have priority over other meeting space requests. When necessary for library or county business, the library reserves the right to cancel or relocate a meeting. If your reservation must be changed, CCPL will make every attempt to give at least 30 days’ notice.
At least one adult must be present to supervise all meetings.
Before Your Meeting
Before your meeting:
- The arrangement of furniture in the room is your responsibility.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reserved time to check in with library staff.
- If your meeting begins when the library opens, you will be allowed in to the building at opening time (not before).
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reserved time, the library reserves the right to offer the room to other users.
After Your Meeting
After your meeting:
- Return the furniture to the arrangement in which you found it.
- Turn off all lights and secure all doors.
- Please conclude your meeting 15 minutes prior to the library’s closing time.
The applicant shall be financially responsible for paying the cost of any damage to library property.
Violation by an applicant of any of the provisions of these guidelines shall constitute grounds for revoking permission to use the Library.