Meeting Space Procedures
Please note the following:
- You must be the holder of a current CCPL library card if you are making the application.
- You may have one active meeting room reservation at a time. Once your meeting has occurred, you may submit a new request for a future date.
- CCPL requires one business day to process meeting space application requests.
- Please check to see if your meeting request falls within the CCPL Meeting Space Guidelines.
- Library staff will confirm your reservation within one business day.
- Meeting room reservation end times can be no later than 30 minutes before closing time (8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 4:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday). The system will not allow reservations with end times of 9 p.m. (Monday through Thursday) or 5 p.m. (Friday and Saturday).
For Organizations Not Listed in Reservation Process
If you are booking a meeting space on behalf of an organization, and your organization is not in the list of organizations provided in the reservation process, please do the following:
- Send an email to Library Reservations.
- Include in your email:
- Your name
- Name of your organization
- Your role in the organization
- Local mailing address for the organization
- Local phone number for the organization
- Purpose of your meetings
- If your request to add an organization is approved, you will receive an email confirmation and will then be able to select your organization from the list of organizations provided in the reservation process.
Free Meeting Space
In keeping with its mission, The Chesterfield County Public Library offers meeting space to the public for educational, cultural, civic and recreational purposes, subject to the rules.
American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights
The Chesterfield County Public Library supports and endorses the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights, which states:
"Libraries which maintain meeting spaces, exhibit space or other facilities open to the public should make them available on equal terms to all persons, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations."
In keeping with the role of a limited public forum, public libraries have traditionally provided free meeting space for community groups when space is available.
Permit Denial Appeal
An organization may appeal denial of a permit based on residency requirements, or security deposit or insurance requirements, to the Chesterfield County Circuit Court for an expedited hearing. The appeal must be filed within seven days of notification of denial of the permit or of the security deposit or insurance requirement.