Book Discussion Groups
Share your passion for reading with a CCPL book discussion group! No registration is required for the groups, and new attendees are always welcome. Discover new reads and new friends at a library near you.
The Chesterfield County Public Library offers a variety of book discussion groups for customers to gather and discuss their love of books. Below is a list of just some of the groups we offer.
See the most recent book group selections and schedules (PDF).
Meeting Information & Scheduled Reads
Bon Air Bookies
Meets at Bon Air Library on the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 p.m.
- August 21 - And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Central Between the Covers
Meets at the Central Library on the fourth Monday of the month from 1-2 p.m.
- August 26 - Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
Meets at Chester Library on the first Wednesday of the month from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- August 7 - Something Must Be Done About Prince Edward County: A Family,A Virginia Town, A Civil Rights Battle by Kristen Green
Clover Hill Critics
Meets at Clover Hill Library on the third Friday of the month from 11 a.m. to noon.
- August 16 - The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank
Meets at Enon Library on the third Tuesday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- August 20 - Bossypants by Tina Fey
Meets at LaPrade Library the second Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- August 9 - Destiny of the Republic: a Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
Meadowdale Page Turners
Meets at the Meadowdale Library on the second Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- August 9 - David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
Midlothian Book Discussion Group
Meets at the Midlothian Library on the fourth Wednesdays of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- August 28 -The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
North Courthouse Road Library Book Discussion Group
Meets at North Courthouse Road Libary the second Thursday of the month from 1-2 p.m.
North Courthouse Road Library - Tween Parent Book Club
Meets at the North Courthouse Road Library the first Monday of the month from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Registration is required and begins one month before each session. All participating family members must register. Please call (804) 318-8499 for more information.