Book Discussion Groups
Share your passion for reading with a CCPL book discussion group! No registration is required for the groups, and new attendees are always welcome. Discover new reads and new friends at a library near you.
The Chesterfield County Public Library offers a variety of book discussion groups for customers to gather and discuss their love of books. Below is a list of just some of the groups we offer.
See the most recent book group selections and schedules (PDF).
Meeting Information & Scheduled Reads
Bon Air Bookies
Meets at Bon Air Library on the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 p.m.
- March 20 - Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- April 17 - The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
- May 15 - A Gentleman in Moscow by Kristin Hannah
Central Between the Covers
Meets at the Central Library on the fourth Monday of the month from 1-2 p.m.
- March 25 - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- April 22 - A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson
- May 20 - The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
Meets at Chester Library on the first Wednesday of the month from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- April 3 - I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- May 1 - Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons
- June 5 - The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson
Clover Hill Critics
Meets at Clover Hill Library on the third Friday of the month from 11 a.m. to noon.
- March 15 - The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood
- April 19 - Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- May 17 - Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
Meets at Enon Library on the third Tuesday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- March 19 - Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- April 16 - An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- May 21 - The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
Meets at LaPrade Library the second Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- April 12 - The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- May 10 - And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- June 14 - In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Meadowdale Teen Book Club
Meets at the Meadowdale Library on the second Thursday of the month from 4-5 p.m.
Teens, explore new YA genres, discuss book topics, and enjoy snacks! The Teen Book Club also includes hands-on activities that tie in with book themes. Please call (804) 318-8778 for more information or to join our email list.
- March 14 - Choose your own YA Graphic Novel
- April 11 - The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo (Hoopla and Overdrive)
Meadowdale Page Turners
Meets at the Meadowdale Library on the second Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- April 12 - Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- May 10 - How It Happened by Michael Koryta
- June 14 - Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
Midlothian Book Discussion Group
Meets at the Midlothian Library on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- March 27 - Life After Life by Jill McCorkle
- April 24 - Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's by John Elder Robinson
- May 22 - The Giver by Lois Lowry
North Courthouse Road Library Book Discussion Group
Meets at North Courthouse Road Libary the second Thursday of the month from 1-2 p.m.
- March 14 - Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- April 11 - The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank
- May 9 - Valiant Ambition: George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and the Fate of the American Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick
North Courthouse Road Library - Tween Parent Book Club
Meets at the North Courthouse Road Library the first Monday of the month from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Registration is required and begins one month before each session. All participating family members must register. Please call (804) 318-8499 for more information.