Book Discussion Groups
Share your passion for reading with a CCPL book discussion group! No registration is required for the groups, and new attendees are always welcome. Discover new reads and new friends at a library near you.
The Chesterfield County Public Library offers a variety of book discussion groups for customers to gather and discuss their love of books. Below is a list of just some of the groups we offer.
See the most recent book group selections and schedules (PDF).
Meeting Information & Scheduled Reads
Bon Air Bookies
Meets at Bon Air Library at the 3rd Wednesday of the month, from 7 to 8 p.m.
Central Between the Covers
Meets at the Central Library on the fourth Monday of the month, from 1-2 p.m.
- November 26 - How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny
- December 17 - A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman
meets at Chester Library on the 1st Wednesday of the month, from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- November 7 - Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
- December 5 - Family Tree by Susan Wiggs
Clover Hill Critics
meets at Clover Hill Library on the 3rd Friday of the month, from 11 a.m. to noon.
- November 16 - My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
- December 21 - Christmas Train by David Baldacci
meets at Enon Library on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- November 20 - Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan
- December 18 - Born a Crime: Stories From an African Childhood by Trevor Noah
meets at LaPrade Library the 2nd Friday of the month, from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
Meadowdale Teen Book Club
Meets at the Meadowdale Library on the second Thursday of the month from 4 to 5p.m.
Teens, explore new YA genres, discuss book topics, and enjoy snacks! The Teen Book Club also includes hands-on activities that tie in with book themes. Please call 804-318-8778 for more information or to join our email list.
- November 8 - Shelter by Harlan Coben Join us for International Games Week and an Escape Room activity
- December 13 - My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
Midlothian Book Discussion Group
meets at the Midlothian Library the 4th Wednesday of the month, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- November 28 - Future Home of the Living God by Louise Erdrich
- December 19 - Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
North Courthouse Road Library Book Discussion Group
meets at North Courthouse Road Libary the 2nd Thursday of the month, from 1 to 2 p.m.
- November 8 - This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
- December 13 - Run by Ann Patchett
North Courthouse Road Library - Tween Parent Book Club
meets at the North Courthouse Road Library the 1st Monday of the month, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Registration is required and begins one month before each session. All participating family members must register. Please call 804-318-8499 for more information.