Book Discussion Groups
Share your passion for reading with a CCPL book discussion group! No registration is required for the groups, and new attendees are always welcome. Discover new reads and new friends at a library near you.
The Chesterfield County Public Library offers a variety of book discussion groups for customers to gather and discuss their love of books. Below is a list of just some of the groups we offer.
See the most recent book group selections and schedules (PDF).
Meeting Information & Scheduled Reads
Bon Air Bookies
Meets at Bon Air Library on the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 p.m.
- March 18 - Snobs: A Novel, Julian Fellowes
- April 15 - The Paying Guests, Sarah Waters
- May 20 - The Widow, Fiona Barton
- June 17 - Behind Closed Doors, B.A. Paris
Central Between the Covers
Meets at the Central Library on the fourth Monday of the month from 1-2 p.m.
- March 23 - The Great Alone, Kristin Hannah
- April 27 - The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane, Lisa See
- May 18 - The Woman in the Window, A.J. Finn
- June 22 - Once Upon a River, Diane Setterfield
Meets at Chester Library on the first Wednesday of the month from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- April 1 - Hissing Cousins: The Untold Story of Eleanor Roosevelt and Alice Roosevelt Longworth, Marc N. Peyser
- May 6 - The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
- June 3 - Moloka’i: A Novel, Alan Brennert
Clover Hill Critics
Meets at Clover Hill Library on the third Friday of the month from 11 a.m. to noon.
- March 20 - The Paris Architect, Charles Belfoure
- April 17 - Never Caught: The Washingtons’ Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Erica Dunbar
- May 15 - Before I Go to Sleep, S.J. Watson
- June 19 - The Great Alone, Kristin Hannah
Meets at Enon Library on the third Tuesday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- March 17 - The Death of Santini, Pat Conroy
- April 21 - The One and Only Ivan, Katherine Applegate
- May 19 - The Secret Place, Tana French
- June 16 - Relish: My Life in the Kitchen, Lucy Kinsley
Ettrick-Matoaca Chapter Chat
Meets at Ettrick-Matoaca Library on the first Saturday of the month from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- March 7 - From Here to Eternity, James Jones
- April 4 - My Italian Bulldozer, Alexander McCall Smith
- May 2 - Here on Earth, Alice Hoffman
- June 6 - Leaving Berlin, Joseph Kanon
Meets at LaPrade Library the second Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- March 13 - Queen Sugar, Natalie Baszile
- April 10 - H is for Hawk, Helen MacDonald
- May 8 - Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay and a Mother’s Will to Survive, Stephanie Land
- June 12 - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
Meadowdale Page Turners
Meets at the Meadowdale Library on the second Friday of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- March 13 - Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, David Grann
- April 10 - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
- May 8 - Circe, Madeline Miller
- June 12 - The Huntress, Kate Quinn
Midlothian Book Discussion Group
Meets at the Midlothian Library on the fourth Wednesdays of the month from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- March 25 - Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, J.D. Vance
- April 22 - A Gentleman in Moscow, Amor Towles
- May 27 - One Amazing Thing, Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- June 24 - The Library Book, Susan Orlean
North Courthouse Road Library Book Discussion Group
Meets at North Courthouse Road Libary the second Thursday of the month from 1-2 p.m.
- March 12 - Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives, Gretchen Rubin
- April 9 - The Bonesetter’s Daughter, Amy Tan
- May 14 - Under Magnolia: A Southern Memoir, Frances Mayes
- June 11 - A Man Called Ove, Fredrik Backman
North Courthouse Road Library - Tween Parent Book Club
Meets at the North Courthouse Road Library the first Monday of the month from 6:30-7:30 p.m.