- Things to Do
- Volunteer at the Library
Volunteer at the Library
Share your love of reading and learning with your community! Whether you want to teach STEM skills in the Makerspace, work in one of our gardens, or simply work with books, library volunteering has something for you. Here are a few opportunities for you to become involved. Opportunities vary by location.
- General Library Volunteer – Provide general assistance to library locations by maintaining the collection and preparing for programs.
- Special Project Volunteer – Work with us on projects throughout the year.
- Special Collections Volunteer – Help the library collect and organize donations and maintain special collections such as nature backpacks, toys or kits.
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers – Assist us with spoken translations at programs.
- Adult Literacy Volunteers – Get trained to be a literacy volunteer by attending training provided by The READ Center. Literacy volunteers commit to a minimum of one year of weekly meetings with a student.
- MakerSpace Volunteer – Assist us with our newest technology in our MakerSpace.
- Chess Club Volunteer – Assist with teaching the game of chess to those who do not know how to play at our weekly chess program.
- Gardening Volunteer – Help us in our garden.
To become a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application. Volunteers must be 14 years old or older. Volunteers 18 years and older must also complete a background check form and be fingerprinted.
Download a Volunteer Application Email applications to [email protected].
You will be contacted once your application is reviewed. If you have any questions, please call (804) 748-1601.