Things to Do
CCPL offers book discussion groups, author events, concerts, classes and more. Visit the program calendar, read Loud & Clear magazine, or explore the links on the left to find activities.
Browse the tabs below for links to free, digital things to do!
- Art techniques and tips from former Disney animator and wildlife illustrator Aaron Blaise
- Vast virtual makerspace for step-by-step circuit-based, cooking, craft, and outdoor projects.
- Origami expert Leyla Torres is a soothing guide to learning this paper folding art.
- Art instruction videos from artist and teacher Stan Prokopenko
- A resource that makes hard-to-find music from the past available to researchers, teachers and the public in order to educate and enlighten present and future generations.
- Archive of some of the very first audio recordings ever made
- Live streaming music by folk and singer-songwriter artists
- Playlists and podcasts on a variety of musical genres, including world music, rhythm and blues, and the sounds of the Civil Rights movement
- Musical time machine that plays radio broadcasts from different times and places around the globe
- Free streaming of digital music, podcasts, and videos.
- Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies
- Watch lions, cheetah cubs, giant pandas, elephants and more on these live streams! Downloadable activity packet included at link.
- Nonpartisan pros and cons of current issues
- Interactive, video-based lessons on practically everything
- Innovation, inspiration, and “ideas worth spreading”
- COVID-19 stories, lectures, virtual tours, and more
- The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts houses a remarkable permanent collection of nearly 50,000 works of art from almost every major world culture.
- Complete syllabi, video lectures, and readings for college-level liberal arts and sciences.
- Health topics and fitness videos for seniors
- Adapted physical education activities and games for individuals with and without different abilities.
- Workout videos, health and fitness advice, and recipes for beginners to experts.
- Yoga, meditation, and mindfulness videos