- Careers & Volunteering
Careers & Volunteering
Join our staff.
We’re making a difference.
CCPL is a thriving public library system with a passion for promoting lifelong learning and enriching our community. We have a knack for connecting with our customers and facilitating a variety of learning experiences. That’s the core of who we are and what we do – and we are often looking for a few good people to join our team and help us advance our mission.
We recruit applicants for a range of positions in the following library departments:
- Customer Experience & Engagement
- Collection Management
- Community Services
- Grants & Development
- Financial Administration
- Technology Support
- Human Resources
Want to work at CCPL?
Explore our current openings and submit your application for positions that interest you. If you don’t see an opening for a library job, please check back as we post new positions frequently.
Volunteer at the Library
Share your love of reading and learning with your community! Whether you want to teach STEM skills in the Makerspace, work in one of our gardens, or simply work with books, library volunteering has something for you. Here are a few opportunities for you to become involved. Opportunities vary by location.
- General Library Volunteer – Provide general assistance to library locations by maintaining the collection and preparing for programs.
- Special Project Volunteer – Work with us on projects throughout the year.
- Special Collections Volunteer – Help the library collect and organize donations and maintain special collections such as nature backpacks, toys or kits.
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers – Assist us with spoken translations at programs.
- Adult Literacy Volunteers – Get trained to be a literacy volunteer by attending training provided by The READ Center. Literacy volunteers commit to a minimum of one year of weekly meetings with a student.
- Makerspace Volunteer – Assist us with our newest technology in our MakerSpace.
- Chess Club Volunteer– Assist with teaching the game of chess to those who do not know how to play at our weekly chess program.
- Gardening Volunteer – Help us in our garden.
To become a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application. Volunteers must be 14 years old or older. Volunteers 18 years and older must also complete a background check form and be fingerprinted.
You will be contacted once your application is reviewed. If you have any questions, please call(804)751-2275