CCPL COVID-19 Response
Four library locations are open to the public:
|Open Library Location Hours|
|10 a.m.-6 p.m.||10 a.m.-5 p.m.|
Starting Tuesday, Jan. 19, four additional locations will reopen to the public. Bon Air Library, Clover Hill Library, LaPrade Library and Midlothian Library will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday and Saturday.
Curbside Hours: All locations, Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
CCPL has designed Learning Pods to support customers/groups seeking a space for Virtual Learning, Independent Studying, Team Assignments, Adult Literacy, and Teleworking.
Learning Pod spaces are available at all library locations.
|Learning Pod Hours|
|Monday - Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
|7 a.m.-8 p.m.||7 a.m.-5 p.m.||10 a.m.-2 p.m.|
*subject to change
Returns are accepted Monday- Saturday during open hours at open locations (Central Library, Chester Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library), and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at all other locations.
Please place items in the designated bins. Book drops outside of buildings are available, follow signs at the library for details. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be removed from your account.
How to pick up your holds from a CCPL Location
- Place your hold in our online catalog
- Receive an email confirming your hold is ready for pick up
- Arrive at the library - please follow the instructions on any signage in the parking lot
- Call the phone number listed on the sign at the library
- Have your library card number ready when you call
- Please wait in your vehicle while we check out your items
- Staff will place your items on the table in the designated area
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero contact pickup, please wait until staff leave the table to approach
- If you have any questions about the process, please call the library: (804)751-CCPL (2275)
Phone assistance is available Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 804-751-CCPL (2275).
Live chat with a librarian on our website is available Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m
Curbside Service FAQs
Please call your library location with any questions you have about curbside pickup service. (to see all location phone numbers, click here)
- Can I pick up my holds now?
- Yes, currently all libraries are offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday through Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Once you receive a holds pickup email, visit your library location and call the phone number listed on signs at the location.
- Can I return items at the curbside service?
- We are now accepting returns on Monday- Saturdays during regular hours at open locations and between 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at all other locations. Please place items in the designated bins. Book drops remain closed. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be removed from your account.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes, please call your library location if you have any questions or issues with your library card.
- What if I don’t have a card?
- Call your library location or visit our library card web page to submit an application for a library card.
- May I speak to a library staff member?
- Please call your library location with your questions. You can also use the chat widget on the homepage to live chat with staff.
- Can a librarian help me with Overdrive/Kindle/Libby/Nook/computer questions?
- Please call your library location for your digital book and technology questions.
- Can you print something for me?
- Yes, printing is available through our curbside pickup. Please visit the Print, Scan, Copy page for details.
- Can you fax or print something for me?
- Due to the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, we are unable to provide these services. Please visit the Print, Scan, Copy page for details.
- Can I come in and use the computer?
- Yes, limited computers are available at CCPL locations that are currently open to the public (Central Library, Chester Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library).