CCPL COVID-19 Response
Update July 28, 2020
Three library locations are open to the public:
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Curbside Hours: All locations, Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Three Week Loan Period
Books (including Too Hot To Hold titles), Audio Books, CDs
- Borrowed before Aug. 11 – Due by Aug. 31
- Borrowed on or after Aug. 11 – Due within 21 days of checkout date
One Week Loan Period
DVDs, magazines, Virginia State Park passes and electricity meters
- Borrowed before Aug. 25 – Due by Aug. 31
- Borrowed on or after Aug. 25 – Due within 7 days of checkout date
Phone assistance is available Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 804-751-CCPL (2275).
Live chat with a librarian on our website is available Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m
Returns are accepted Monday- Saturday during open hours at open locations (Central Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library), and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at all other locations.
Please place items in the designated bins. Book drops remain closed. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be returned from your account.
Due dates for items checked out before Aug. 11: Aug. 31, 2020
How to pick up your holds from a CCPL Location
- Place your hold in our online catalog
- Receive an email confirming your hold is ready for pick up
- Arrive at the library - please follow the instructions on any signage in the parking lot
- Call the phone number listed on the sign at the library.
- Have your library card number ready when you call
- Please wait in your vehicle while we check out your items
- Staff will place your items on the table in the designated area.
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero contact pickup, please wait until staff leave the table to approach.
- If you have any questions about the process, please call your library (to see all location phone numbers, click here)
Curbside Service FAQs
Please call your library location with any questions you have about curbside pickup service. (to see all location phone numbers, click here)
- Can I pick up my holds now?
- Yes, currently all libraries are offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday through Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Once you receive a holds pickup email, visit your library location and call the phone number listed on signs at the location.
- Can I return items at the curbside service?
- We are now accepting returns on Monday- Saturdays during regular hours at open locations and between 10 a.m.-4 p.m at all other locations. Please place items in the designated bins. Book drops remain closed. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be returned from your account. Due dates have been extended to Aug. 31 for items checked out before Aug. 11.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes, please call your library location if you have any questions or issues with your library card.
- What if I don’t have a card?
- Call your library location or visit our library card web page to submit an application for a library card.
- May I speak to a library staff member?
- Please call your library location with your questions. You can use the chat widget on the homepage to live chat with staff.
- Can a librarian help me with Overdrive/Kindle/Libby/Nook/computer questions?
- Please call your library location for your digital book and technology questions.
- Can you print something for me?
- Yes, printing is available through our curbside pickup. Please visit the Print, Scan, Copy page for details.
- Can you fax or print something for me?
- Due to the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, we are unable to provide these services.
- Can I come in and use the computer?
- Yes, limited computers are available at CCPL locations that are currently open to the public (Central Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library).