CCPL COVID-19 Response
Update Sept. 15
Three library locations are open to the public:
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Curbside Hours: All locations, Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
CCPL has designed Learning Pods to support customers/groups seeking a space for Virtual Learning, Independent Studying, Team Assignments, Adult Literacy, and Teleworking.
Learning Pod spaces are available at all library locations.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. & Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. *subject to change
Returns are accepted Monday- Saturday during open hours at open locations (Central Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library), and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at all other locations.
Please place items in the designated bins. Book drops remain closed. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be returned from your account.
How to pick up your holds from a CCPL Location
- Place your hold in our online catalog
- Receive an email confirming your hold is ready for pick up
- Arrive at the library - please follow the instructions on any signage in the parking lot
- Call the phone number listed on the sign at the library.
- Have your library card number ready when you call
- Please wait in your vehicle while we check out your items
- Staff will place your items on the table in the designated area.
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero contact pickup, please wait until staff leave the table to approach.
- If you have any questions about the process, please call your library (to see all location phone numbers, click here)
Phone assistance is available Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 804-751-CCPL (2275).
Live chat with a librarian on our website is available Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m
Loan Period Updates
Three Week Loan Period
Books (including Too Hot To Hold titles), Audio Books, CDs
- Borrowed on or after Aug. 11 – Due within 21 days of checkout date
One Week Loan Period
DVDs, magazines, Virginia State Park passes and electricity meters
- Borrowed on or after Aug. 25 – Due within 7 days of checkout date
Curbside Service FAQs
Please call your library location with any questions you have about curbside pickup service. (to see all location phone numbers, click here)
- Can I pick up my holds now?
- Yes, currently all libraries are offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday through Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Once you receive a holds pickup email, visit your library location and call the phone number listed on signs at the location.
- Can I return items at the curbside service?
- We are now accepting returns on Monday- Saturdays during regular hours at open locations and between 10 a.m.-4 p.m at all other locations. Please place items in the designated bins. Book drops remain closed. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be returned from your account.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes, please call your library location if you have any questions or issues with your library card.
- What if I don’t have a card?
- Call your library location or visit our library card web page to submit an application for a library card.
- May I speak to a library staff member?
- Please call your library location with your questions. You can use the chat widget on the homepage to live chat with staff.
- Can a librarian help me with Overdrive/Kindle/Libby/Nook/computer questions?
- Please call your library location for your digital book and technology questions.
- Can you print something for me?
- Yes, printing is available through our curbside pickup. Please visit the Print, Scan, Copy page for details.
- Can you fax or print something for me?
- Due to the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, we are unable to provide these services.
- Can I come in and use the computer?
- Yes, limited computers are available at CCPL locations that are currently open to the public (Central Library, Meadowdale Library and North Courthouse Road Library).