Reserve a Learning Pod
*Once your application is approved, bookmark the link below for easy access to making a reservation.
Submit your application at least 48 hours prior to the appointment.
- If you don’t have an account in the reservation system
- Click "Create an Account"
- Once you have created your account, wait for the confirmation email.
- After you have clicked on the link in the confirmation email, you may then log in to reserve a room.
- Enter Date and Time for requested reservation and click “Search for a Space.”
- View available spaces containing the needed amenities and which accommodate your group size.
- Select “No organization”
- You will receive an email confirming you’ve submitted a reservation. This is not a confirmation that your reservation has been approved. An approval email will arrive within 48 hours.
- Same-day reservations and walk-ins are not allowed due to limited resources.
If you wish to make a recurring reservation, please contact us via email at CCPLCommunityServices@chesterfield.gov
Cancelling a Reservation
- The email confirming the reservation contains a link that can be used to cancel the reservation.
- By logging in to the meeting room reservation program, a group leader can view upcoming reservations and cancel by clicking on the cancel button showing in the description of the reservation.
- If a group leader does not notify the library of a cancelled session more than twice, privileges may be suspended.
Arriving at the Library
CCPL Learning Pod User Agreement
Do you have feedback about the user agreement? Submit your comment here.
Chesterfield County Public Library Learning Pod User Agreement
Reservable learning spaces (a.k.a. pods) in Chesterfield County Public Library are for the use of approved groups for learning, studying, tutoring, and teleworking. This form must be completed and signed prior to reserving a Learning Pod space. By signing this form, the User acknowledges the conditions under which access to CCPL learning pods is granted, and agrees to the following:
- I agree to be responsible within my learning pod and among my pod members for practicing applicable COVID-19 prevention safety measures as recommended or required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Chesterfield County, and any applicable Virginia executive orders, including face-covering requirements, and requirements for social distancing for individuals not in the same household.
- I understand that as a pod leader, I accept responsibility for the behavior and adherence to safety rules of all the members of my pod.
- I understand that the pod spaces are communal spaces, and that my group’s behavior, including noise level, will respect the need for others to have a quiet learning environment.
- I understand that groups consisting of one or more youth under the age of 13 requires the presence of an adult.
- I understand that every adult who shares responsibility for a particular group must sign a user agreement.
- I agree that all users in my pod above age 2 will wear face coverings at all times while inside a library, will follow instructions of library staff, and will not interfere with other reserved spaces.
- I understand that when consuming food or drink, users can temporarily remove face coverings but must be socially distanced at least 6 feet from non-household members.
- I understand that these spaces are in buildings that are closed to the public all the time or part of the time and during closed times there is limited access to library staff, library computers, materials, and supplies. Regular library services can be accessed in those libraries that have public hours during those operating hours.
- I understand that the library offers Citizen Wi-Fi and public computer access; however, the library is not responsible for any access difficulties beyond their immediate control and limited ability to troubleshoot personally owned devices.
- I understand that all members of a group will enter the library at the same time, and agree that my group will leave the space as I found it.
- I understand that failure to follow staff instructions, these guidelines, safety rules, and that being more than a half-hour late, or not showing for a reservation may result in loss of this privilege.
- I understand that these rules may be adjusted if the Commonwealth of Virginia or Chesterfield County issue new directives, or if CDC or VDH offer new or modified recommendations, related to the spread of COVID-19. Such changes will be communicated by CCPL as soon as possible.
- I understand that this service may be discontinued, the library may have to change how the program is offered if community needs change, and all current and future reservations are subject to change or cancellation.
- The coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. I understand that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is considered to be extremely contagious and can result in a range of symptoms, which include, but are not limited to, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, and nausea or vomiting. These symptoms can be mild or severe, sometimes resulting in death.
On my behalf, and on behalf of members of my family and those joining me in this privileged use of the libraries, I will advance no claim and I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chesterfield County and Chesterfield County Schools, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any Claim, including all liabilities, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I acknowledge the risks associated with participation in this activity and all activities in public areas and the possible contraction of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.