Reservable Spaces User Agreement
Chesterfield County Public Library
Reservable Spaces User Agreement
Reservable spaces (a.k.a. pods) in Chesterfield County Public Library are for the use of groups for learning, studying, tutoring, meeting, and teleworking. By requesting a reservation to use a pod, the User acknowledges the conditions under which access to CCPL reservable spaces is granted before or after library operating hours, and which apply, in general, to use of these spaces at any time, and agrees to the following:
- I agree to be responsible within my pod and among my pod members for practicing applicable COVID-19 prevention safety measures as recommended or required by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Chesterfield County, and any applicable Virginia executive orders, including face-covering requirements, and requirements for social distancing for individuals not in the same household.
- I understand that CCPL staff will maintain spatial distancing. During open hours they will provide as much assistance as possible from the service desk.
- I understand that as the person making a reservation, I accept responsibility for the behavior and adherence to safety rule of all the members of my pod.
- I understand that the spaces are communal spaces, and that my group’s behavior, including noise level, will respect the need for others to have a quiet learning environment.
- I understand that groups consisting of one or more youth under the age of 13 requires the presence of an adult.
- I agree that all users in my pod over the age of 2 will wear face coverings at all times while inside a library, will follow instructions of library staff, and will not interfere with other reserved spaces.
- I understand that these spaces are in buildings that are closed to the public all the time or part of the time and during closed times there is limited access to library staff, library computers, materials, and supplies. Regular library services can be accessed in those libraries that have public hours during those operating hours.
- I understand that the library offers Citizen Wi-Fi and public computer access; however, the library is not responsible for any access difficulties beyond their immediate control and limited ability to troubleshoot personally owned devices.
- I agree that my group will leave the space as I found it.
- I understand that failure to follow staff instructions, these guidelines, safety rules, and that being more than half-hour late, or not showing for a reservation may result in loss of this privilege.
- I understand that users without reservations may use pod spaces in libraries that open if the space is not reserved and will be expected to practice safety measures and follow staff instructions. If I have a question about the use of my pod or another in the building, I will address it to library staff.
- I understand that this service may be discontinued, the library may have to change how the program is offered if community needs change, and all current and future reservations are subject to cancellation.
- The coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to be spread mainly by person-to-person contact. I understand that COVID-19 (coronavirus) is considered to be extremely contagious and can result in a range of symptoms, which include, but are not limited to, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, and nausea or vomiting. These symptoms can be mild or severe, sometimes resulting in death.
On my behalf, and on behalf of members of my family and those joining me in this use of the libraries, I will advance no claim and I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chesterfield County and Chesterfield County Schools, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any Claim, including all liabilities, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I acknowledge the risks associated with participation in this activity and all activities in public areas and the possible contraction of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.