Curbside Service and Book Lockers
Book Lockers - 24/7 Access to Pick Up Your Holds
New book lockers will be available soon at Central Library and Ettrick-Matoaca Library. Check back soon for more information!
*Paid for by The Cameron Foundation and Library of Virginia
How to pick up your holds from a CCPL Location
- Place your hold in our online catalog.
- Receive an email confirming your hold is ready for pick up
- Arrive at the library - please follow the instructions on any signage in the parking lot
- Call the phone number listed on the sign at the library
- Have your library card number ready when you call
- Please wait in your vehicle while we check out your items
- Staff will place your items on the table in the designated area
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero contact pickup, please wait until staff leave the table to approach
- If you have any questions about the process, please call the library: (804)751-CCPL (2275)
Curbside Service FAQs
Please call your library location with any questions you have about curbside pickup service. 804-751-CCPL (2275)
- Can I pick up my holds now?
- Yes, currently all libraries are offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday through Saturday during open hours. Once you receive a holds pickup email, visit your library location and call the phone number listed on signs at the location.
- Can I return items at the curbside service?
- Book drops are now open at all locations. Please place returned items in the book drops.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes, please call (804)751-CCPL (2275) if you have any questions or issues with your library card.
- What if I don’t have a card?
- May I speak to a library staff member?
- Please call (804)751-CCPL (2275) with your questions. You can also use the chat widget on the homepage to live chat with staff.
- Can a librarian help me with Overdrive/Kindle/Libby/Nook/computer questions?
- Please call (804)751-CCPL (2275) for your digital book and technology questions.
- Can you print something for me?
- Yes, printing is available through our curbside pickup. Please visit the Print, Scan, Copy page for details. Printing from public PCs is available at open locations.
- Can you fax or print something for me?
- Due to the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, we are unable to provide these services. Please visit the Print, Scan, Copy page for details.
- Can I come in and use the computer?
- Yes, limited computers are available at all open library locations.