Curbside Service and Book Lockers
Book Lockers - 24/7 Access to Pick Up Your Holds
Book Lockers are available at Central Library and Ettrick-Matoaca Library. Pick up your holds at your convenience!
Book lockers are paid for by The Cameron Foundation and Library of Virginia
How To Access CCPL's Book Lockers
- Place your hold in the online catalog. Select "Central Locker" or "Ettrick-Matoaca Locker" as your pick up location.
- Receive an email confirming your hold is ready for pick up.
- Visit the locker and start by scanning your library card. (Physical or digital cards are accepted, or you can type in your card number)
- Confirm the item(s) you wish to collect.
- Wait for your locker door to open automatically.
- Collect all the items inside, then close the door until it latches shut.
- If you have more than one locker assigned, rescan your library card and repeat steps 4-6.
- Select Print Receipt and Finish. All items are now checked out to your card.
- If you do not want to borrow any items at this time, return the item(s) to the book drop or item return area inside the library. Please do not leave any materials in the locker.
How to pick up your holds from a CCPL Location
- Place your hold in our online catalog.
- Receive an email confirming your hold is ready for pick up
- Arrive at the library - please follow the instructions on any signage in the parking lot
- Call the phone number listed on the sign at the library
- Have your library card number ready when you call
- Please wait in your vehicle while we check out your items
- Staff will place your items on the table in the designated area
- To respect CCPL’s social distancing policy and a zero contact pickup, please wait until staff leave the table to approach
- If you have any questions about the process, please call the library: (804)751-CCPL (2275)
Curbside Service FAQs
Please call your library location with any questions you have about curbside pickup service. 804-751-CCPL (2275)
- Can I pick up my holds now?
- Yes, currently all libraries are offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday through Saturday during open hours. Once you receive a holds pickup email, visit your library location and call the phone number listed on signs at the location.
- Can I return items at the curbside service?
- Book drops are now open at all locations. Please place returned items in the book drops.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes, please call (804)751-CCPL (2275) if you have any questions or issues with your library card.
- What if I don’t have a card?
- May I speak to a library staff member?
- Please call (804)751-CCPL (2275) with your questions.
- Can a librarian help me with Overdrive/Kindle/Libby/Nook/computer questions?
- Please call (804)751-CCPL (2275) for your digital book and technology questions.
- Can I come in and use the computer?
- Yes, computers are available at all open library locations.