- Use the Library
- Book / Material Selection
- Hotspot User Agreement
Hotspot User Agreement
- I am at least 18 years old.
- I have a current CCPL library card and am in good standing with the library.
- I will not have internet access at the location and during the time period for which this Hotspot will be checked out to me.
- I accept full responsibility for the Hotspot while it is checked out to me.
- I will not attempt to alter the device in any way.
- I will return the Hotspot in person to a library staff member at the front desk.
- Hotspots lend for 21 days and cannot be renewed. If the Hotspot is overdue, the library will disconnect the service which renders the device unusable.
- Hotspots not returned after three (3) days from date overdue will be assumed lost and charged the replacement cost of $168 and a $5 processing fee.
- I accept full financial responsibility for the Hotspot and agree to pay all costs associated with damage to or loss of the device and/or the accessories while checked out to me. (Fees are listed below.)
- I understand the library may use any appropriate means to collect the amount owed by me for fees, damages, or loss.
- If I encounter any problem with the Hotspot, I will return it and all its component parts to the library immediately.
- I have read and agree to the library’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy and Guidelines and agree to use the device in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purpose for which they are provided and not for any unauthorized, unethical, or illegal purposes.
|Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 8800L||$150.00|
|Wall Adapter/USB Cable||$13.00|
CCPL is not responsible for information accessed using the Hotspot device or for personal information shared over the Internet. Hotspot users are encouraged to follow safe Internet practices. The following behaviors can result in the suspension of Hotspot privileges and/or criminal prosecution:
- Viewing, displaying or disseminating materials that are judged in accordance with current legal definitions as being obscene
- Use of the Internet in any way which violates federal, state, or municipal laws
Any Internet use contrary to the policy outlined above may, at the sole discretion of library staff, result in the loss of the library Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot and/or Library Internet privileges.
- total amount of data transmitted and received by each device during a billing cycle
- anonymous circulation data related to checkouts of the Hotspot devices
The Internet service provider for the Hotspot program does not monitor or track the websites that Hotspot users visit or the information that users submit (usernames, passwords, credit card information, etc.)